Finally! It's the first day of summer, my favorite season. I love hot days, summer dresses, and spending the day at the beach. And for the first time, I actually have some summer goals to live by. One of those includes cutting down on blogging! Well, not blogging specifically but really to cut down on internet use. So as much as I love you guys and I love blogging, you'll probably be seeing a little less of me this summer. But don't worry, I'll stick post fun things here and there!
Here are my summer goals:
1. More hiking- we bought a hiking book a while back and hope to hike our way through this book!
2. More BBQing outside- last year my dad gave us a grill and we've only used it 3 times- we're looking forward to experimenting with grilling recipes- yum!
3. More yoga (especially outdoors!)- I started yoga 3 months ago and I absolutely love it. I'm hoping to do it almost daily for now and...well, forever!
4. More baking. I love baking but I'd like to do it a little more. I also learned how to make macarons when I was in Paris last month and I definitely want to practice making them to perfection!
5. More lounging outdoors. Tad and I love our backyard but we never hang out back there! We're hoping to get some fun outdoor furniture and I can't wait to lounge outside with a yummy drink and a good book!
6. More reading. I read a lot already but I've recently began reading more classic literature, which I am loving. When I was in paris, I visited a fantastic bookstore called Shakespeare and Co. They actually stamp every book you buy there with their company stamp and I got a little card from them that included a checklist of the classics. It's a long process but I'm reading my way through them!
7. More fruit and veggies. I eat dessert at least once a day. Ice cream, candy, cookies, you name it. While I don't intend to cut out dessert, I want to add some goodness to my diet, so more fruit and veggies here I come!
1. Less time on the internet. Sometimes I'll plop myself on the couch with my laptop and before I know it, I've spent 3 hours just browsing! Not to mention the online shopping- I always seem to end up buying online, which is sad for my wallet!
2. Less shopping! Both online and in person. While I love love love clothes I will try this summer to wear and make new outfits from what I already own.
3. Less dressing up. You all know how much I love putting together cute and fun outfits but this summer I'm going to try to keep it simple. I don't mean less fun but maybe less fuss. Mainly less hair primping (straigthening, curling, hair drying, etc) and less make-up application.
Dress- Urban Outfitters
Hat- Urban Outfitters
Sunglassses- Modern Amusement
Plain and simple: I want to have a simple, active, healthy, and relaxing summer. Less fussing and more fun! Do you have any fun plans or goals for this summer? Id love to hear them!